CONNECTING WITH THE SKILLS OF THE PAST: FERMANAGH POTATO HARVEST TRADITIONS AND BOXTY DEMONSTRATION TRADITIONS
Join us online for an evening celebrating the traditions of the Fermanagh Potato Harvest in bygone days. Guest speakers will provide a history of potato farming in the county with tales of their experiences through the years, followed by a demonstration of boxty making by Eileen McGovern.
- The Irish Lumper potato and the origins of the famine – John Cunningham
- Recitations from the late Pat Cassidy’s Memoirs, Lisnaskea – Eileen McGovern
- Traditional boxty making demonstration – Eileen McGovern
- Childhood memories and Fermanagh tales – Florence Creighton
- Poetry recitations – Fermanagh School of Music & Performing Arts
Join us for an enjoyable evening from 7pm and feel free to share your memories and tales of working in the potato field and making boxty.
To register click here